Sunday 31 October 2010

The end of Fever Ray... for now

Hi,
I want to thank everybody who has come to our performances during the last 18 months. It has been a fantastic adventure for me and an interesting time experimenting with the show illusion. I also want to thank the people who have made it possible, my band and my crew who have been extremely thorough, hard working, amazingly committed and most important; fun to hang out with. Also my management for bringing us out to see the world. I try not to mention any names but I have to say Andreas Nilsson, thank you for sharing your ideas, patience, humour and your enthusiasm. I could never imagine all this could happen when I started this project a few years ago.
Now it may sound like I’m dying or quitting but I’m not. I just don’t want to tour anymore at the moment. I have built a new studio and have work to do. Olof and I have started playing together again and I will also write music for a theatre play, “The Hour Of The Wolf” by Ingmar Bergman, which will premiere next year at Dramaten (The Royal Dramatic Theatre) in Stockholm. And spend some time in the hammock too.
So long for now!
Karin
Fever Ray 2

a big thankyou from Karin to all her fans and co-workers for their support over the last tour.
this is the end of Fever Ray for a while... could Karin send out something to thank her fans and allow them to hold on to the memories and re-experience fever ray while she's gone?
i think it is really important for bands and companies to do this for their fans as it shows them how thankful they are and makes them feel like they are contributing and helping them. 
especially if they receive something of a good quality that they would hold onto for years to come, like a souvenir, something special and unique that only a small majority of people will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment